BAMA Announces its Events for Manufacturing Month, October 2017
Each year, on the first Friday in October, students across the nation tour manufacturing facilities and learn about the products made in their own back yard. Florida has led the nation in the number of students touring and Tampa Bay leads Florida!
With that in mind, the Bay Area Manufacturers Association (BAMA) is proud to announce its activities for Manufacturing Month 2017, promising to make each October a celebration of what’s made in the Tampa Bay area. This year plans on being bigger and better with more manufacturing activities than any year in the past.
Here’s what’s on our schedule:
October 6: Manufacturing Day / Students’ Tours
October 7: 3nd annual Manufacturing 5K Run Walk Paddle for Education
October 12: Training Best Practices for Manufacturers
October 19: Made in Tampa Bay Expo
October 24: Manufacturing Job Fair
The Bay Area Manufacturers Association is joining Mastercut Tool Corp. and The Shaluly Foundation, LLC in its 3nd annual Manufacturing 5K Run Walk Paddle for Education. The event will be held on Sat., Oct. 7, beginning at 7:30 am, at Waterfront Park, 110 Veterans Memorial Lane, Safety Harbor 34695. All proceeds from the event will benefit future manufacturing workforce students.
BAMA, Hillsborough County and Hillsborough Community College are hosting the inaugural Made in Tampa Bay Expo on Thurs., Oct. 19. This event is open to the public and will showcase products made right here in the Tampa Bay area. The Expo will be held from 3 - 7 pm at the Hillsborough Community College Dale Mabry Campus, 4001 W. Tampa Blvd., Tampa 33614. Sponsorships are available. Event is free to the public!
In addition, BAMA, APICS and ISM will join together to offer an Manufacturing Career Fair on Tues., Oct. 24, from 1:00 - 3:30 pm, at the Pinellas Technical College, 6100 - 154th Avenue North, Dining Hall, Clearwater 33760. Employers with job openings in manufacturing, distribution, supply chain and logistics can register online. This job fair is open to the public.
How can a manufacturer participate?
• Consider opening your doors to a student tour. You will be matched with a high school or middle school in your neighborhood.
• Get a team of coworkers together to participate in the Manufacturing 5K or register as an event sponsor.
• Get a table at the Made In Tampa Bay Expo and display what you make and how your industry benefits Tampa Bay.
• Participate in the Manufacturing job fair.
How can the general public participate?
• Encourage your local school to participate in Manufacturing Day or ask us for a manufacturer to speak to students about the varied careers in manufacturing.
• Run, Walk, Paddle or Sponsor at the Manufacturing 5K.
• Consider Sponsorship at one of our events.
• Attend the Made in Tampa Bay Expo to see what’s made right here in Tampa Bay.
• Attend the Manufacturing Job Fair to see what jobs are available.
To reach our goal of offering these events and scholarships to STEM education, we are asking for support from local businesses and the public. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, 727-954-8354.