Schedule production builds, primarily new programs and customers, based on material availability and production capacity. Release work orders timely to meet customer demands and report on and resolve issues along the way. Partner with other New Production Introduction (NPI) team members, such as Supply Chain, Production, Program Managers, Engineering, Purchasing, & Warehouse on a daily basis to mitigate issues. Interact with customers to advise on material status, incoming supplier deliveries, and PO placement.
- Analyze new product production requirements and processes to determine required capacity and shop loads. Understands production capacity for assigned programs to ensure builds are scheduled efficiently and effectively. Conduct “can-builds” of material on hand and be able to advise customer of delivery dates based on incoming material.
- Schedule production builds for assigned programs, and ensure timely release of work orders.
- Analyze status and run simulations to identify gaps/constraints. Partner with Supply Chain to ensure material availability.
- Report scheduling status to New Product Introduction team, Program Managers & Planning Manager. Advise on impact to customer outbound deliveries.
- Recommend process improvements/remove non-value add work.
- Resolve issues timely that delay or prevent production builds.
- Report on supply vs. demand. Identify and resolve gaps timely.
- Attend Program Management/Customer meetings to provide Planning input.
- Report on key metrics/pro-active build schedule.
- Think of creative ways to do things differently, and continually challenge the status quo.
- Ensure Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system integrity and accuracy by reviewing system data and updating/correcting to assure that products are built to the latest released revision and that all required changes have been integrated into production builds.
- Advise management of the status or work in progress, material availability and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Place Purchase Orders as needed.
- Follow-up with suppliers on NPI PO’s to ensure timely delivery of raw materials.
- Partner with the Commodity and Purchasing teams to work with suppliers who are capable, accountable, and flexible with lead times.
- Experience making cold calls to suppliers, holding suppliers accountable for due dates, pricing, etc.
- Familiar with and be able to negotiate with suppliers, and escalate at the right times.
- Bachelor’s degree (preference is a Business related degree) with a minimum of three (3) years of related Procurement, Production Control, and/or Materials Planning experience. If lacking a BS/BA degree, then an Associate's degree with at least seven (7) years of related experience is required. If lacking any degree, then a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience is required.
- 3+ years’ prior Purchasing experience, preferable in a New Product Environment.
- Strong MRP, MPS, Inventory & Production Control experience.
- Strong familiarity with New Product Introduction releases with significant engineering and BOM changes along the way.
- Familiar and experience with Just In Time (JIT) inventory, and how it relates to potential excess and obsolete parts.
- Understanding of total value vs. best unit cost, and how it relates to MOQ purchases.
- Familiarity with Kanban & visual management in a production environment.
- Excellent computer skills required – specifically in Excel (using pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and involve team members as needed to resolve issues/constraints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Inter, intra-department and external contact required.
Apply at: https://www.sypriselectronics.com/company/careers
Sypris Electronics, LLC provides goods and services to the U.S. Government and other prime contractors and is obligated by its contracts with those entities, as well as by various federal laws and regulations regarding security and export control, to restrict access to certain goods, services, and/or any related information. Accordingly, Sypris Electronics has a policy of only hiring U.S. citizens. Upon employment all employees will have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Sypris Electronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.