This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining production standards consistent with current processes and methods for new and follow-on business proposals. Organization and presentation of key elements related to financial and technical parameters of quotation are essential.
- Provide labor estimates for new business RFQ/P responses
- Establish and maintain production standards
- Assist with variance analysis of production standards
- Provide and update standard data including labor estimates used as production measurements
- Establish and maintain quote models including performing time studies for individual functional elements
- Prepare and participate in presentations to management for approval on RFQ’s
- Contributes to the design of production cells by applying quote methodology to actual build plan
- Supports deployment of Lean methods across the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Knowledge of electronic circuit board manufacturing, processing, and testing
- Ability to interpret customer documentation such as statements of work, assembly drawings, BOMs, and other specifications
- Knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Advanced computer knowledge including use of spreadsheet applications and programming skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Inter, intra-department, and external contact required
- Ability to obtain a Government granted security clearance, if necessary
Sypris Electronics, LLC provides goods and services to the U.S. Government and other prime contractors and is obligated by its contracts with those entities, as well as by various federal laws and regulations regarding security and export control, to restrict access to certain goods, services, and/or any related information. Accordingly, Sypris Electronics has a policy of only hiring U.S. citizens. Upon employment all employees will have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Sypris Electronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Apply at: https://www.sypriselectronics.com/company/careers