The 2018 Made in Tampa Bay Expo will be merged with the Manufacturing Association of Florida (MAF) Manufacturing Exchange. BAMA members are eligible for special pricing. Please email Holly@bama-fl.org for the PROMO code.
When: Wednesday September 19th thru Friday, September 21st Where: The Vinoy® Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
Martin Ford, futurist and NY Times Best Selling Author, imagines what the accelerating progress in robotics and artificial intelligence may mean for the economy, job market and society of the future.
"Robots have always taken jobs from humans. But this time, it’s different."
We are on the leading edge of a massive disruption and one brought on by relentless advances in artificial intelligence and robotics. Ford offers an overview of some of the key technologies underlying this revolution and what it could mean for the future.
· Until now, AI has mostly been science fiction. How did we get to the point where it is finally becoming reality?
· An overview of the key technologies underlying the revolution and how they may evolve going forward, including:
· Deep learning Neural Networks
· Self-Driving Vehicles
· Software Automation
· How will AI and robotics impact the future job market and economy?
· Should we fear advances in AI? AI comes with a number of risks. These include security threats and the potential impact on privacy, as well as the use of autonomous systems in military and security applications. Prominent individuals like Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking have expressed concerns about the advent of super-intelligent machines further in the future that might genuinely threaten us. How worried should we be?
Want a sneak peek of Martin's keynote?
Check him out on the mainstage for his Ted Talk last fall!
Florida's longest running statewide conference for the manufacturing industry is hitting St. Petersburg for a jam-packed event you do not want to miss. This year's conference will focus on a variety of issues our manufacturers are engaged in, including:
· Artificial Intelligence & the Future Workforce
· Blockchain & Hyperledger: It's 2018 and the future of e-commerce looks a lot different than you're used to! Is your bank account ready for what's to come?
· Autonomous Vehicles: The mechanics, the tech, the policy--what does it look like, how far away is it, and how you can leverage it for your benefit.
· Plus, don't miss the announcement of the 2018 Manufacturers of the Year and the 2018 Legislators of the Year!
Your sponsorship is an investment in a strong, expanding, and in-demand industry! Don't miss out on the opportunity to be part of the movement of Florida's future. As a sponsor of the EXCHANGE, you will have an opportunity to position your organization as a leader and supporter of the manufacturing industry in important markets.