GA Foods is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III to join our One Team in our corporate St. Petersburg location. Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III will be responsible to assist the supervisor and maintenance staff in assuring overall equipment effectiveness for all production and manufacturing equipment. This position will service production and facility equipment, in both electrical and mechanical aspects as well as perform general and preventative maintenance and repair of all fixtures and equipment, facility and building upkeep. The ideal Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III will also provide technical support and supervision, train and mentor mechanics and maintenance crew.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III Essential Duties:
- Maintain a variety of electrical and electronic equipment by repairing, servicing and replacing components such as relays, circuit breakers, motors, wiring and circuit board, packaging equipment repair and electronic connections, timing
- Service boilers, refrigeration and HVAC units
- Troubleshoot/retrofit/fabricate and optimize packaging line productivity
- Provides technical support, trains, mentors, supervises and assists with assignment of maintenance tasks to mechanics and maintenance staff
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in inspecting completed repairs and preventive maintenance tasks
- Set up, maintain and repair high speed production lines (FEMC, Shanklin)
- Conduct general and preventative maintenance repairs as per assigned work orders
- Maintain a variety of electrical and electronic equip. by repairing, servicing and replacing components such as relays, circuit breakers, motors, wiring and circuit board, packaging equipment repair and electronic connections, timing
- Troubleshoot and optimize packaging line productivity
- May make repairs on electric power tools, lights, fuses and portable electric devices/equip.
- Grease and oil motors and production equip.
- Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires, replace motors and motor starters
- Coordinate and follow up on maintenance tasks
- Maintain CMMS and order parts/inventory/recordkeeping as required
- Conduct general and preventative maintenance and repair on HVAC, refrigeration, equipment, plumbing (faucets, drains, etc.), general facility, fixtures and building upkeep
- Perform other tasks within skill level as assigned by supervisor/higher level mechanics
- Fully versed with building alarm systems
- Troubleshoot maintenance problems in accordance with established procedures
- Understand and follow established safety procedures, including but not limited to PPE, LOTO, Hazcom, etc.
- Participate in mandatory and other training, both internal and external
- Maintain working equipment and tools
- Other duties assigned by management
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III Qualifications:
- Demonstrated mastery of maintenance skills
- Prior experience with high speed automated production & packaging equipment, HVAC/refrigeration systems, process controls, high voltage/utility systems and equipment, boilers
- Knowledge of local codes & regulations
- Training/certifications/licence in two or more maintenance disciplines
- Able to troubleshoot/perform all general/preventative maintenance/repair of industrial production equipment, other operating equipment, building & facilities, including analysis & diagnostics
- Read and interpret schematics, etc.
- Able to meet employer's attendance standard
- General office equip. & computer systems, including CMMS
- Valid FL Driver License
- Supervisory & coaching skills
- Good communication skills
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III Physical Demands:
Amount of Time
- Under 1/3: Taste or smell
- 1/3 to 2/3: Climb or balance, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl
- Over 2/3: See, Stand, Walk, Sit, Use hands to finger/handle/feel, Reach with hands and arms, Talk or hear
- Under 1/3: Weight lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Over 2/3: Weight lifting up to 50 lbs.
Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
For over forty five years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to seniors, children, military and emergency response. GA Foods sets ourselves apart with flavorful menus tailored to our client's palettes, a delivery service unmatched by the competition and a One Team attitude.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from California to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.