JOB TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic Assistant
LOCATION: Sarasota, FL
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday: 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM (approx.) Saturday: Occasionally
PAY RATE: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour (DOE)
- Requires ability to properly clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Ability to work with airborne dust and dirt particles, along with various climatic temperatures.
- Lifting, climbing, reaching, bending, and stooping required.
- Additional duties as requested by Maintenance Manager and Plant Mnager
- Valid Driver's License
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions in the operation of equipment.
- Working knowledge of the operating and repair characteristics of equipment.
- 2 Years of general mechanic experience
- 1 year of industrial mechanic experience preferred
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to routinely lift 30 or more pounds
- Hand eye coordination
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, and twist at the waist
- Ability to tolerate heat
- Ability to go up ladder
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the job duties and functions ENVIRONMENT
- High heat during summer months
- High particulate matter content in air
- High noise
- High traffic environment
- Operates under cover but may require outside activity
- Physically demanding
Contact Fred at firstname.lastname@example.org