The Senior Commodity Manager is responsible for leading the Supply Chain sourcing efforts of the in Electrical, Electronic and Electro-Mechanical (EEE) commodities to ensure a continuous supply of needed materials and services at the minimum inventory investment. The Senior Commodity Manager will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing the EEE commodity market and overall economic conditions to ensure that commodities are purchased at competitive prices. This individual will participate in supplier contract negotiations and ensure supplier acknowledgment and execution to the required order quantities and comply with industry quality standard requirements. Additionally, the Senior Commodity Manager will lead purchasing process improvement teams, reporting and analysis of spend as well as serve as the Supply Chain liaison for Supplier Quality issues.
- Lead the negotiation of terms and conditions for EEE commodities including long term contracts. Identify areas of potential organizational vulnerability either financially or related to manufacturing lead times/customer delivery impacts. Responsible for maintaining the Approved Supplier List (ASL) for all responsible commodities.
- Partners with the business team to develop procurement plans on new product launch initiatives including the sourcing of new materials and the qualification of new suppliers.
- Manage the coordination & implement of the supplier performance program, with monthly metrics, action plans, supplier scoring, governance, etc. Focus should be on quality & delivery. Manage supplier scorecard process and communicate accordingly to suppliers. Hold suppliers accountable for not meeting performance metrics and escalate as needed.
- Responsible for the management of open purchase orders for assigned commodities to ensure on-time deliveries. Take action and resolve issues promptly to ensure all supplies and materials arrive in a timely manner and are available to support production activities.
- Serve as the Supply Chain interface with Quality organization - primary point of contact for driving supplier quality issue, including but not limited to: root cause and corrective action response for SCARs, all other Supplier non-conformances as defined by the Quality department (SQE, Product Quality, Receiving & inspections personnel), supporting Quality Engineering with Suppliers in support of resolving quality issue. Also support Accounts Payable as needed related to payments or payment holds as a result of quality related issues.
- Lead the development and implementation of plans with cross-functional partners to meet annual goals which includes supplier strategy, productivity, cost reduction, lead-time reductions, working capital improvement and supplier quality.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Management; experience in Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- APICS Certification preferred
- Seven years’ commodity management and sourcing experience in an Aerospace, electro-mechanical manufacturing environment with thorough MRP knowledge and functionality
- Strong knowledge of Electrical, Electronic and Electro-Mechanical (EEE) commodities
- Advanced understanding of Lean manufacturing principles and inventory replenishment strategies
- Demonstrated success with cost reductions
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- ERP experience required
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to lead a cross functional team, achieve desired results, and maintain relationships
- Ability to obtain a Government security clearance, if necessary
Apply at: https://www.sypriselectronics.com/careers
Sypris Electronics, LLC provides goods and services to the U.S. Government and other prime contractors and is obligated by its contracts with those entities, as well as by various federal laws and regulations regarding security and export control, to restrict access to certain goods, services, and/or any related information. Accordingly, Sypris Electronics has a policy of only hiring U.S. citizens. Upon employment all employees will have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Sypris Electronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sypris Electronics does not, and will not, discriminate against a person on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, in any aspect of employment opportunity.