Omnicell is excited to be seeking an experienced Flexo-Printing Pre-Press for our manufacturing facility in St. Petersburg, FL. Candidates who are familiar with or have experience working with flexographic printing technology are highly preferred. This role will work under the guidance of our Sr. Manager Manufacturing Engineering and offer technical support and expertise to consumables manufacturing.
- Provide technical support to shift for trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Ensure equipment and processes meet and sustain standard production outputs
- Provide support to Blister and Card production
- Test and evaluate new products and materials as required, under the guidance of the Engineering Manager
- Maintain and improve upon existing manufacturing practices for the manufacture of finished goods, under the guidance of an Engineering Manager
- Provide ideas and corrective actions for ongoing manufacturing issues
- Work closely with supervisors and Engineering Team members on executing new ideas to improve processing procedures or on areas that may improve quality or customer satisfaction
- Implement and maintain procedures that will contribute to the improvement of the entire process
- Prepare and present technical training and assess operator skills and provide training activities
- Participate in cross-functional teams to improve EHS, quality, and productivity and employ disciplined problem-solving methods
- Plan and conduct trials of machines, materials, and products. Assists product development efforts and fosters strong relationships to help build the business, under the guidance of the Engineering Manager
- Perform all additional duties as required by the Department Manager
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) for report generation, general communications, and appropriate presentations
- Understanding and ability to support Corporate programs such as 5S, ISO, SMED and Preventive Maintenance
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple constituents, including management, and coworkers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be organized/ prioritize and multitask
- Capable of working with limited supervision
- Ability to write and read work instructions with accuracy
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum six years of work experience in manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience solving technical problems and implementing solutions
- Technical degree
- Five (5) years Thermoforming and/or Flexographic Printing experience
- Familiar with Thermoforming/Flexographic Printing Machines and Tooling
- Solidworks and/or AutoCAD experience
- Experience implementing Lean tools for continuous improvement activities
- Work is performed in both an office and manufacturing setting
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; lift greater than or equal to 50 lbs. and lift 25 lbs. – 35 lbs. repetitively
- The employee may be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Move rolls of Plastic/Board/Foil/Liner/Label Stock – 400 pounds – 1000 pounds (rolling material on their diameter)
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out – tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies
To protect our employees and those who spend time at our facilities, and as may be required by our customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption from Omnicell as an accommodation for a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.