About EMS Inc.
Working at EMS Inc. means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our fabricated metal products span the world's Military, Industrial and Medical industries.
Welder Summary: Complete weldments from engineering drawings utilizing basic hand tools, hand
grinders, fixtures, MIG and TIG welding machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to assemble weldments from drawings.
- Experience welding aluminum, steel and stainless steel. (.04” up to .75”)
- Fixture and weld sheet metal enclosures, frames and brackets.
- Operation of a TIG welder, setup, and maintenance.
- Operation of a MIG welder, setup, and maintenance.
- Utilize hand grinders/sanders to perform weld joint fit-up.
- Control raw material inventory utilizing shop routers and bar coding stations.
- Weld and setup sub-assemblies for welders.
- Control raw material inventory and ensure correct materials are allocated.
- Document materials and processes used to build products.
What You Need to Succeed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTITUDE
- Proficient blueprint and fabrication knowledge, with attention to dimensions and tolerances.
- Experience with maintaining part shape and tolerances related to heat distortion.
- Fabrication shop practices.
- Organizational proficiency.
- Team oriented.
- Preferably certified to AWS D17.1 or AWS D1.1 or AWS D1.2 or the ability to pass a weld certification test to become certified.
- Ability to pass an eye examination.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred.
- Pay rate dependent upon experience and certifications.
- We offer health insurance and paid vacations.