$1000 Sign On Bonus
This role could report to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
The Thermoformer Operator will report to the shift Production Supervisor and will also take guidance from the Senior Thermoformer Operator. The Thermoformer Operator will set up the press with proper tooling and recipe. identify, troubleshoot, and correct machine or quality related issues using proper mechanical or recipe adjustments.
- Control machines and processes using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Set-up, operate, clean up, and verify quality of each product produced on designated press production line.
- Lead and orchestrate changeovers on their designated line.
- Lead Assistant Operator activities ensuring quality and safety standards are followed.
- Inspect equipment, structures, and materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Gather information by observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Provide daily data report.
- Meet established quality and schedule standards.
- Keep walkways and the manufacturing environment clean and organized.
- Follow all safety guidelines, including reporting unsafe or unexpected conditions.
- Support Corporate Programs such as 5S, ISO, SMED, Preventive Maintenance, Sustainability, and GMP.
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with unwind and rewind turrets.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow schedule, written instructions, and job ticket requirements.
- Ability to work both independently and with limited supervision.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and display8ing a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Job requires being careful about detail and being thorough in completing work tasks.
- Have ability to see details at close range to check for defects or other quality issues.
- Have ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Have ability to time your movements or the movement of a piece of equipment in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object.
- Have ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine.
- Quickly respond (with hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sounds, light, picture) when it appears.
- Use hands and arms to handle, position, and move materials.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2 (two) years of machine operation experience
- Experience working with rigid plastic.
- Experience operating Thermoforming Equipment.
- Working knowledge of Kiefel and Zed Thermoformers highly preferred.
- Manufacturing environment with noise levels commonly requiring hearing protection.
- Industrial Chemical Exposure.
- Stand, sit, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Minimum 10lbs
- Maximum 50lbs (Anything over 50lbs requires team lift)
- 25 pounds – 35 pounds repetitively.
- Move rolls of Plastic/Board/Foil/Liner/Label Stock – 400 pounds – 1000 pounds (rolling material on their diameter).
- Move skids weighing up to 2,500 pounds with the use of mechanical or powered Pallet Jack.
- Wearing of Personnel Protective Equipment required, such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats or other PPE dependent on job duties.
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.