Full Job Description
Position title: Quality Engineer
Department: Quality Assurance
Department Manager: Quality Assurance Manager
Education: · B.S degree or the equivalent which includes advanced math skills.
· Engineering degree is highly desired.
· ASQ Certification highly desired.
· The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Previous Work Experience:
· Three to five years working in a manufacturing environment.
· Basic engineering and project management experience is required.
· Experience with GMP, QSR, SPC, ISO standards in a medical device environment is considered valuable.
· Must be able to operate a computer and use various software programs including Word, Access and Excel.
Professional Skills Requirements:
· Read and understand customer drawings and specification
· Understand and apply statistics and sample plans
· Light physical requirements.
Mental or Visual Demand:
· Maintain, monitor and improve MicroLumen’s quality management system including:
o Document Control
o Internal Audits
o Corrective and Preventative Action
o Statistical Techniques
o Inspections and quality assurance
· Understand and interpret specifications on customer drawings.
· Communicate with customers and suppliers regarding concerns and corrective action.
· Provide technical assistance and training of current ISO quality standards and other standards if required by customers.
· Develop and improve manufacturing processes and expand manufacturing capabilities as required.
· Must be able to work well with others and communicate effectively.
· Have basic understanding of all processes within MicroLumen.
· Demonstrate understanding of ISO Requirements and MicroLumen QMS.
· Demonstrate understanding of c=0 and LTPD sampling plans and statistical techniques used at MicroLumen.
· Create a Router from customer requirements / perform quality check of BOM.
· Develop and document root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
· Dispositioning suspected nonconforming material.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oldsmar, FL 34677: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- ISO 9001: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance Managers: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location