DITEK is currently seeking a Electrical Design Engineer. This individual will be responsible for the research and design of new products and the improvement of existing products to meet customers needs and improve the company’s competitive edge in the industry.
- Researches, develops and designs new and innovative products to meet customers’ needs and emerging market trends.
- Modifies existing designs to improve product features, quality or manufacturability.
- Designs components using computer-based tools or by hand and create specification documents for each product.
- Analyzes designs using internal tools and ensures each design meets the required specifications.
- Conducts research, collects and analyzes product data on market demand of specific functions or competitor products and features.
- Researches and evaluates components used in designs for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Develops and conducts product performance experiments.
- Analyzes test results and recommends appropriate design changes.
- Investigates alternative manufacturing processes during the design cycle and implements as needed to improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Works with Manufacturing and Quality Control teams to help ensure that finished products meet the original design specifications.
- Supports Manufacturing with process improvements and assists in the training of new product and assembly procedures.
- Creates prototypes and assists in the development of test sets and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Coordinates with other Engineering staff to complete projects.
- Supports Marketing and Sales with technical information to be used for training and marketing.
- Helps resolve highly technical issues with customers, when needed.
- Develops and maintains an in-house design history database program for all new and current products.
- Develops and maintains design processes and procedures to hold the organization compliant in all workmanship, quality and industry performance standards.
- Stays current of the latest technologies and market demands.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related technical field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in product design; experience with electrical products.
- Design capabilities including PCB, BOM, test plan, test fixturing, test program/software, DFM/ cost reduction.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Hands-on experience in the design and development of electronic products.
- Proficient with design software (e.g. Altium, CAD, SolidWorks).
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance with UL, TUV, CE, CSA, NFPA, NEC and other regulatory standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge in quality management systems such as ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to read detailed engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment where a high degree of flexibility is required.
- Reliable, flexible, detail-oriented and focused, self-sufficient in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple programs and projects effectively and efficiently.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Ability to reason thru product development and support of new technologies.
- Ability to “think outside the box” to assist in the development of efficient products.
- Ability to perform all functions of the job classification without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
To apply go to www.diteksurgeprotection.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DITEK offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401k with company contribution, tuition reimbursement and paid time off.
DITEK is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify. DITEK provides equal employment opportunities (EE0) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.