We are a local wholesale fabricator of custom interior window treatments including plantation shutters, roller shades, vertical blinds, cellular shades, and panel tracks and are excited to announce that we are growing and need to expand our production team. We are looking for a reliable, energetic, and hardworking individual to join our team in the newly created position of Manager of Production.
The Manager of Production will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee production activities, ensuring development and implementation of safe, efficient operations and cost-effective systems, and in conjunction with continuous improvement initiatives, to meet current and future needs of the business and our customers. Establishes and maintains a disciplined and performance-oriented production environment while fostering a positive and collaborative culture. The Manager will serve as a partner with Sales, Customer Service, and Warehouse and Logistics to coordinate production and distribution plans in a timely manner.
The Manager of Production’s management responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- · Oversees the daily workflow of production operations and team performance.
- · Establishes and manages production KPI’s that drive operating performance to meet and exceed standards.
- · Builds a high performance, cohesive production team. Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, and develops team members.
- · Maintains a safe workplace and trains team on proper safety compliance. Implements corrective action as needed.
- · Fosters a positive and collaborative environment dedicated to continuous improvement.
- · Establishes and maintains a disciplined and performance-oriented production environment.
Duties / Responsibilities:
To include but are not limited to the following:
- · Recruits, hires and trains team members on production.
- · Cross trains team members to optimize production efficiency and productivity.
- · Conducts regular team and production team meetings to ensure clear communication of goals, performance against targets and collaborate on opportunities for improvement.
- · Communicates expectations and manages team member time and attendance requirements, productivity and performance standards, security and safety policies and equipment maintenance and security requirements.
- · Sets standards for each product line for labor and material, including labor efficiencies and material usage and scrap.
- · Sets daily and weekly production targets for each product line. Measures performance and makes corrective adjustments.
- · Assists leadership with long-range operating goals, expansion efforts, and implementation of new and advanced technology to reinforce continuous improvement.
- Skills / Abilities Required:
- · Strong management, supervisory and leadership skills. Ability to motivate and build a high-performance team.
- · Ability to assess OSHA compliance and implement corrective action as needed.
- · Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry, continuous improvement, KPI development and measurement and attention to detail.
- · Excellent manufacturing skills and ability to operate machinery and equipment with precision.
- · Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- · Ability to drive a forklift.
- · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Excellent team building and organizational skills.
- · Proficient with production software systems, Microsoft Office Suite and related software tools.
Education and Experience:
- · Bachelor’s degree in technical disciplines or equivalent trade school credentials.
- · At least 10 years of industry-related experience to include five (5) years of manufacturing and management experience and three (3) years of manufacturing shutter and related products.
- · Warehousing and logistics industry experience preferred.
- · Must be able to traverse the production facility to assist the production line wherever and whenever needed.
- · Must be able to work in hot conditions.
- · On an as needed basis, ability to stand for long periods of time while operating machinery and equipment.
- · Must be able to lift up to 50 to 100 pounds at times.
If you are interested in a career with a growing company and have the experience and background we are looking for, we want to talk to you!
Salary Range: $$60,000-$70,000 a year plus bonus
Please send your resume to: Human Resources at ReplyToHR.email@example.com