The Service Sales Representative is responsible for promoting value-added maintenance contract solutions to new and existing customers. Relying on available database marketing information, the Service Sales representative will develop and implement targeted account penetration plans that are closely coordinated with regional business growth initiatives within the PI-US product and service teams. Key performance criteria will be growth of revenue generated from maintenance contract accounts, and other services such as equipment qualification, calibration certification documentation, training and other consulting services. A primary emphasis will be expanding the value-added service we provide established accounts to increase revenue and margin potential. The service sales representative will also focus a large part of their selling time on developing ROW or “rest of world” type accounts. These are described as clients who traditionally do little to no business with MT Service and have to be nurtured to a relationship with MT Service. The service sales representative will also leverage product “point of sale” (POS) opportunities, promoting maintenance agreements for large or strategic new equipment installations where it is warranted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education, Experience & Skills
- Demonstrate an ability to prospect for, develop relationships in support of, and ultimately have the ability to close comprehensive service contracts within existing, as well as "rest of world" (ROW) customers.
- In cooperation with the responsible Leader, develop and achieve annual service revenue targets. Key objectives will be established, and detailed action plans developed describing the initiatives required to achieve business targets.
- Work in collaborative manner with the key members of the Product Inspection Business Areas to present Mettler Toledo in a clearly differentiated manner.
- Promote and sell complete range of service products, leveraging existing customer relationships to expand the added value Mettler Toledo provides.
- Responsible for the proposal preparation process, and proper administration of established agreement pricing.
- Be a leader in driving services business within the Product Inspection Business Area.
- Ensure proper customer account management is executed within an assigned territory.
- Work with the Service Leaders and local product sales representatives, plan and coordinate the scope of services offered to target accounts.
- Establish common performance objectives with product sales counter-parts, and work together to achieve an outcome that promotes teamwork within accounts.
- Remain current in all applicable subject matter affecting his/her ability to interface competently with the client base. This may include but may not be limited to: FDA or other state and federal regulatory requirements, ISO guidelines, and any other developing regulations or Quality initiatives which impact the industry on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with the Regional Sales Managers to train new sales representatives on the service product portfolio as part of the onboarding process.
- Other duties may be assigned
- A Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 5-10 years related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal training in selling techniques and account management is required to perform the job effectively.
- A demonstrated track record in an outside sales role interfacing with decision makers presenting complex solutions oriented products.
- Sales experience selling services or intangible products.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Significant experience with ERP and/or CRM systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to make presentations to senior groups and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be team player, creative problem-solver, goal oriented and relationship focused.
- The ability to compose effective sales proposals and business correspondence.
- The ability to interpret contract language, and comprehend process documents such as operating policies or work procedures.
Visit our website to apply at
Field Service Sales Representative (Southeastern Areas) - - 11475 (mt.com)