Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The Manager of Aseptic Process Engineering is responsible for leadership of the engineering competency for US Pharmaceutical manufacturing and executing projects that align with the product strategy and site priorities to drive process and quality improvements, cost reduction, and ensure continuity of supply.
- US Engineering technical manager for the Aseptic Process Engineering Team in support manufacturing process improvement, capacity scale-up, sustaining engineering and maintenance of business, and strategic programs.
- Influential leader responsible for technical direction of the team and ownership of the aseptic process technical competency.
- May manage project portfolios and or individual Sustaining Engineering and/or MOB projects.
- Interfaces with multiple internal organizations and external suppliers in leading and executing projects and or strategic business initiatives.
- Provides direction and oversight to Aseptic Process technical team.
- Supervision of 4 full time employees and 3 contract engineers.
- Leadership of the Aseptic Process Engineering competency and associated resources in the US Pharmaceutical plant including functional management of the group, budget, planning, and projects associated with design, development, technology transfer and production.
- Develop and execute an engineering strategy for the US pharmaceutical plant based on industry standards and best practices ensuring regulatory compliance through the selection and implementation of the latest technology in facility design, processing equipment and methodologies.
- Ensure that engineering knowledge, processes and best practices are leveraged across sites and drive manufacturing platform standardization where appropriate.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support in technology transfers, new product launches, troubleshooting and problem resolution, capital project planning and executions, cost improvement and talent management.
- Manage a portfolio of Sustaining Engineering Projects aligned with site priorities to drive process and quality improvements, reduce cost, and ensure continuity of supply.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Pharma Maintenance of Business Portfolio Leader and support MOB projects, activities, and resource plans.
- Tampa Manufacturing Site Leadership Team.
- Tampa site Engineering Director (matrix reporting)
- Tampa site Procurement and Finance
- External suppliers, engineering firms, and technical consultants
- US Engineering Leadership Team including managers and Portfolio Leaders
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science.
- Experience with facility and equipment start-up and manufacturing in sterile cGMP pharmaceutical operations.
- Strong background with Sterile GMP guidelines, EU standards.
- Engineering management and technical staff development.
- Leadership of large-scale manufacturing improvement programs/projects.
- Familiarity with FDA regulated products.
- Project management training or certification.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical capabilities with experience in DOE.
- GMP, Six sigma, DOE, and Design for Manufacturing.
- Strong communication and interactive skills, capable of leading and directing project teams as required.
- Understanding Regulatory requirements for ANDA and NDA product and process changes.
- Product and process development phase/gate methodology and manufacturing tech transfer.
- Interfacing and communicating with site and corporate leadership.
Apply here: www.bauschhealth.com/careers