Responsible to source, procure and inventory plan for direct materials and/or indirect materials and services necessary for the production of products in accordance with company policy, specifications and cGMP's. Manage supplier relationships to drive improvements in quality, total cost of acquisition and support new product development. Must be versed in subject matter for given commodities and/or services.
Negotiate Supply and/or Service Agreements. Issue Purchase Orders as needed for identified goods and services to support the site. Participate and/or lead multi-disciplined teams to develop and implement sourcing strategies and tactics. Assume responsibility for the GMP, environmental health and safety procedure awareness and compliance in the respective area.
Scope of Position:
- Source and Procure direct, indirect and capital materials and services to support the manufacturing plan and site operations.
- Implement sourcing strategies to manage critical commodities with emphasis on reducing costs, improving efficiencies and helping to assure supply chain continuity.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers and develop partnerships that improve overall efficiencies, quality and performance.
- Develop and maintain expertise for given commodities and industries inclusive of cost drivers, supply constraints and supplier base.
- Monitors, measure and report supplier performance in the areas of quality and delivery.
- Manage & monitor open orders to assure on-time deliveries in support of the production plan.
- Implement inventory plan and investment in specific commodities.
- Support Operational Excellence.
- This position is based primarily on API sourcing/procurement.
BS in Business, Chemistry, Engineering or Pharmacy
Minimum of 5 years sourcing/procurement experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects with limited direct supervision.
Effective organization and negotiation skills.
Strong ability to follow up on and complete projects. Basic understanding of computers.
API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) supply base experience a plus
Apply Here: www.bauschhealth.com/careers