Job Title: CNC Machinist (1st Shift)
Supervisor: Shop Manager
Starting Wage: $16.00 - 18.00
SUMMARY - Set up, adjust and operate CNC and manual machines to fabricate required parts by performing the duties listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED required. Trade school or university program certificate; or two to four years recent experience and/or training required.
*Experience with HAAS mills & lathes preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Interpret sketches, drawings, or other provided information to determine sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
· Ability to efficiently produce quality parts on a CNC or manual machine.
· Prepare the correct material for machining.
· Select the most appropriate tools for the assigned task.
· Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut or enter commands to retrieve, input or edit program.
· Run first piece and make adjustments as needed. Make sure part meets print specifications.