This position is responsible for increasing product flow by troubleshooting, identifying root causes, and solving process/product/procedure issues. Also responsible for monitoring, evaluating, reporting, and improving the performance of circuit card assemblies & Special Assembly processes.
- Assist with troubleshooting and identifying root causes and systematically solving process/product/procedure problems to support production delivery requirements
- Provide daily hands-on technical support (method, hardware, and machine) for production team
- Assist with resolving issues with non-conforming parts
- Assist with implementing, designing, and modifying tooling/fixtures as required by process
- Assist with the development of maintenance cycles, time standards, manufacturing standard work, and work instructions
- Assist with compilation and analysis of cell board product yield and continuous improvement efforts to improve results
- Support production delivery requirements by developing and reviewing visual control charts, coordinating preventive maintenance with production team and other technicians, and assisting with continuous improvement efforts
- Identify root causes and systematically solve issues on equipment and end product aiding engineers, other technicians, and operators
- Read/interpret electronic assembly drawings, layouts, BOMs, and procedures
- Interface with engineering to incorporate changes and cost savings
- AA Degree or equivalent vocational certificate in a technical program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of electronics manufacturing experience with circuit card assemblies & box builds
- Highly skilled in problem solving techniques and methods (process, product, procedure)
- Certified IPC-A-610 & J-STD-001
- Experience with continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing, preferred
- Certified IPC 7711/7721 rework/repair specialist, preferred
- Knowledge of NASA-STD-8739.1-4, preferred
- Ability to obtain a government granted security clearance, if necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intra-, inter-departmental and external contact required
- May require handling or exposure to chemicals used in the production area.
- Successfully complete and demonstrate the ability to perform the requirements of the following programs: All Manufacturing Training; Programs; Solder Certification; PWB Handling; First Piece Certification; Component Identification; Right-To-Know; ESD
Sypris Electronics, LLC provides goods and services to the U.S. Government and other prime contractors and is obligated by its contracts with those entities, as well as by various federal laws and regulations regarding security and export control, to restrict access to certain goods, services, and/or any related information. Accordingly, Sypris Electronics has a policy of only hiring U.S. citizens. Upon employment all employees will have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Sypris Electronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sypris Electronics does not, and will not, discriminate against a person on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, in any aspect of employment opportunity.
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Apply at: https://www.sypriselectronics.com/careers