Certified Production Technician (MSSC-CPT)
ID : 66911
Provides entry-level training in manufacturing essentials to include employability skills, safety awareness, production and processes, quality assurance, and maintenance awareness. Upon successful completion, students are prepared to sit for the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Production Technician (CPT) certification examination.Prerequisite:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent and passing scores on the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) or Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Academic achievement to demonstrate college readiness: examples include college transcripts, Postsecondary Readiness Test (PERT) or Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Meet Essential Job Functions.
The CPT Certification addresses the core technical competencies of higher skilled production workers in all sectors of manufacturing. MSSC awards certificates to individuals who pass any of its five Production Modules: Safety; Quality Practices & Measurement; Manufacturing Processes & Production; Maintenance Awareness; Green Production and a full CPT Certification to those who pass all four core modules
Benefits of Certification:
- Industry certification provides job candidates with industry-recognized credential (More job opportunities)
- You are more marketable to employers as certification eliminates or reduces remedial training costs by providing well prepared workers (potential increased pay scale)
- You become skilled in the new ISO standard in certificates companies and are knowledgeable of common practice throughout operations, which prepares you for opportunities beyond the entry-level CPT (Increased subject matter expertise)
- This certification allows a student to articulate 15 semester hours into the Engineering Technology program at St. Petersburg College (over a $1600 value to continue your training)
St. Petersburg College-Oldsmar Training Center
127 State Street West
Oldsmar, FL 34677
*(Includes textbooks, certification exam vouchers, and tuition) *
Dates & Times:
- January 24th through March 2nd
- Tues, Wed, Thurs from 2:00PM to 6:00PM
- Additional online assignments are required at home to supplement in-class learning.
*YOU MUST CONTACT WORKFORCE BY TELEPHONE TO ENROLL IN THE PAYMENT PLAN, (727) 341-4445.*
There are a number of scholarship and grant opportunities based on age, income, and employment status so be sure to ask about opportunities that may apply to your situation. In addition, upon completion of the MSSC-CPT, you may be eligible for a paid apprenticeship as well.
In addition to a one-time payment in-full, the below is a zero interest payment plan option:
|Down payment to secure seat in the course
|Payment due by first day of class (Jan 24)
|Payment due 30 days after class start (Feb 24)
Information about the Certifying Organization:
The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) is an industry-led training, assessment and certification organization focused on the core technical competencies needed by the nation’s front-line production and material handling workers. The nationwide MSSC certifications, based upon industry-defined and federally-endorsed national standards, offer both entry-level and incumbent workers the opportunity to demonstrate that they have acquired the knowledge and skills increasingly needed in the technology intensive jobs of the 21st century. MSSC applies to all front-line manufacturing production jobs (7 million) and all front-line material handling and distribution jobs (5.4 million). MSSC has developed two nationally portable certifications for this workforce:
“20/20” Vision: MSSC’s vision is to assess 20% of the nation’s front-line manufacturing production and material handling workers in 20 years--3 million workers by 2030. To achieve that goal, MSSC offers industry a new set of tools to ensure that both entering and incumbent workers are flexible, easily trainable, and highly motivated knowledge workers able to keep pace with technological change—the “Industrial Athlete of the Future.”
Call 727-341-4445 to register.
Find more online