The team at GA Foods is seeking a skilled Industrial Maintenance Mechanic II to assure overall equipment effectiveness with regard to production lines. The ideal Industrial Maintenance Mechanic II candidate must be able to service production and facility equipment (both electronic and mechanical), maintain the CMMS system, and perform general and preventative maintenance and repair of fixtures and equipment, facility, and building upkeep.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic II Essential Functions:
- Set up, maintain and repair high speed production lines (FEMC, Shanklin)
- Conduct basic general and preventative maintenance repairs as per assigned work orders
- Maintain a variety of electrical and electronic equipment by repairing, servicing and replacing components such as relays, circuit breakers, motors, wiring and circuit board, packaging equipment repair and electronic connections, timing
- Troubleshoot and optimize packaging line productivity
- May make repairs on electric power tools, lights, fuses and portable electric devices/equipment
- Grease and oil motors and production equipment
- Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires, replace motors and motor starters
- Coordinate and follow up on maintenance tasks
- Maintain CMMS and order parts/inventory/recordkeeping as required
- Conduct general and preventative maintenance and repair on HVAC, equipment, plumbing (faucets, drains), general facility, fixtures and building upkeep
- Perform other tasks within skill level as assigned by supervisor/higher level mechanics
- Fully versed with building alarm systems
- Troubleshoot maintenance problems in accordance with established procedures
- Understand and follow established safety procedures, including but not limited to PPE, LOTO, Hazcom, etc.
- Participate in mandatory and other training, both internal and external
- Maintain working equipment and tools
- Supervise, mentor, support and assist PI mechanics and maintenance workers as needed
- Other duties assigned by management
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic II Qualifications:
- Experienced in general & preventative maintenance/repair of industrial production equip., other operating equip., building and facilities, including analysis and diagnostics
- Knowledgeable of local codes and regulations
- Experienced with all working tools, AC/DC electrical systems, calibrated measuring instruments, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, other
- Able to read and interpret diagrams, charts, schematics, documents
- Able to meet employer's attendance standard
- Familiar with general office equip. & computer systems, including CMMS
- Specialized training/certification/license in two or more maintenance disciplines
- Supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic II Physical Demands:
Amount of Time:
- Under 1/3: Taste or smell
- 1/3 to 2/3: Climb or balance, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl
- Over 2/3: See, Stand, Walk, Sit, Use hands to finger/handle/feel, Reach with hands and arms, Talk or hear
- Under 1/3: Weight lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Over 2/3: Weight lifting up to 50 lbs.
Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
For over forty five years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to seniors, children, military and emergency response. GA Foods sets ourselves apart with flavorful menus tailored to our client's palettes, a delivery service unmatched by the competition and an One Team attitude.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from California to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.