HEICO Aerospace – Seal Dynamics LLC
New Product Development Specialist – Commercial Aircraft Products
Location: Tampa, FL Job Category: New Product Development & Sales
Status: Full Time, Employee Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Shift: First Shift (Day)
For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks” and the World’s Most Innovative Growth Companies.
HEICO is currently recruiting a New Product Development Specialist – Commercial Aircraft Products for its Seal Dynamics Business Unit, located in Tampa, FL.
This position will support all functions related to research and development of New Product Development (NPD) opportunities specifically for the New Product Development Group (NPDG) Tampa office for commercial aircraft and engines. This position will be part of a team of technical sales, and supply chain/materials management, professionals and will work within the New Product Development Organization focusing on research, marketing, procurement, and data management. Identified opportunities will be presented to the Director of New Product Development for review and acceptance prior to induction.
Related responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- · Prepare, manage, and analyze large market data files in search of new product development opportunities with a focus on using Seal Dynamics Distribution’s strategic partners for manufacturing
· Gathering and researching required technical data (IPC, AMM, CMM, etc.).
· Gathering market data required to build the business case to begin design and manufacturing.
· Datamining airline annual spend lists.
· Research lists of parts designed by our strategic partners, AOG quote activity, brokered items.
· Review, track, and update requests related to customer commitments with the sales team members based around the world.
· Procurement and processing (OEM) sample parts for reverse engineering efforts as required.
· Attend new product kick off meetings and Engineering Project Status Meetings.
· Attend and support corporate meetings as required.
· Attend and support meetings at airline and MRO customers as needed.
· Maintain NPD tracking reports and provide scheduled status updates to Senior Management.
• Understand and drive decisions based on financial, resource capacity, and market factors.
• Ability to provide insight, recommendations, and business plans with little supervision.
• Demonstrated keen understanding of the commercial aircraft and MRO market is a plus.
• Self-motivated with well-developed organizational skills and strict attention to detail.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey information and ideas clearly and concisely.
• Must have strong follow-up skills and the ability to develop productive business relationships via the phone, e-mail, and in person.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Emphasis on Excel).
• Strong analytical skills and solution-driven thinking. Ability to collect and research data and use intuition and experience to complement the data.
• Proven ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Demonstrated history showing effective project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple items with effective results.
• Verifiable evidence of the ability to learn quickly when facing new problems.
• Ability to drive continuous improvement for personal and business growth.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Aviation related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of aviation related experience and familiarity with aircraft technical documentation.
Relocation assistance is negotiable.
HEICO Aerospace offers growth opportunity, competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
Please, no phone calls or faxes will be accepted. Seal Dynamics is proud to be an EEO/AA/V/H employer. For additional information on Seal Dynamics and HEICO Aerospace visit us online at www.sealdynamics.com and www.Heico.com.
Send resumes to JeffreyPerkins@SealDynamics.com