Material Handler I 1st Shift
The Material Handler I will report to the Supervisor, Logistics and will be responsible for preparing records of receipt of incoming material and equipment. Additional responsibilities include properly label received items and items being shipped to customers: manually or with appropriate equipment move materials, supplies, and finished goods to designated areas within the company’s facilities; pulling orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipments and preparing records, packing slips, and bills of lading for all outbound material and equipment.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing. Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Operates fork-lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area
- Data entry
- Pulling and moving material as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to work from written instructions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Understanding of basic verbal instructions and ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and team.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple constituents, including management and fellow coworkers.
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Six (6) Months of experience in Shipping/Receiving, Manufacturing, and/or Materials Management
- Six (6) Months of heavy sit-down forklift experience
- Basic Computer/Data Entry Skills
- APICS Certification
- Stand-Up Forklift Experience
- Manufacturing environment.
- Industrial Chemical Exposure.
Stand, sit, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Lifting requirements: Minimum 10lbs, Maximum 50lbs. Anything over 50lbs requires an assistant.
- Able to lift 25 pounds – 35 pounds repetitively.
- Personnel Protective Equipment if required, including vision, hearing, safety shoes and gloves.
- Move rolls of Plastic/Board/Foil/Liner/Label Stock – 400 pounds – 1000 pounds (rolling material on their diameter).
- Move skids weighing up to 2,500 pounds with the use of mechanical and or powered rolling stock. (Pallet jacks).
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.